Finding a campsite that meets your requirements is easy - search by a clickable map if you know which country or area you're headed to or by place or camp site name, or by facilities. (Find these search options on the left side of the page under "Search By".) You would search by facilities if, for example, you must have a campground that features restaurants or shops. Facility categories:
- Situation, ground and shade
- Possibilities for sports and play
- Water recreation
- Washing up, laundry and cooking
- Washing and toilet facilities
- Rental facilities
- Shop and restaurant
Additionally, you can search by facility for winter sport camp sites or campgrounds accommodating the disabled.
Regardless of search method, you'll be presented with a list of clickable campground names accompanied by a small photo and a short list of facts. I selected Campingplatz Strandbad in Austria at random and was taken to a basic page with clickable options captioned Campsite, Ambience, Facilities, Information, Reservation and Route. The route option showed me an excellent map, reservations provided online campsite reservation, information delivered a form by which I could ask questions about the campground to be answered directly by the campground...and then came the motherlode: facilities.
Here's a small sample of what I learned about Campingplatz Strandbad on the facilities page:
- Languages spoken at reception
- Footpaths and roads are lit
- Site guarded at night
- Separate area for young people
- Dog walking area (though I doubt you're bringing Fido, I included this to show you how comprehensive the info is)
- Cardphone available
- Payphone available
- All types of barbecue permitted
- Marked hiking and bicycle trails starting at the campsite
- Laundry sinks, washers and dryers available...
And the list goes on!
Eurocampers is it - find your perfect European campgrounds before you leave home and know exactly what to expect - hassle-free camping.
Helpful European Camping Links