How to Get a Greyhound Bus Student Travel DiscountTo get the Greyhound bus student travel deals, get a Student Advantage Card - the card's discounts extend beyond Greyhound specials to plenty of places where you may spend money anyway, like Footlocker, Loew's Cineplex movie theaters, Tower Records, Timberland and on and on.
You can get the card at any Greyhound bus station or fill out the form and buy the Student Advantage Card online. Use the Greyhound student travel discount promotional code: GRY48L9002.
Greyhound Discounts on Companion FaresGreyhound also offers a 50% off ticket to a companion with whom you're traveling (or you can be the companion to a full fare traveler) -- several restrictions apply, and you may not be able to combine it with your Student Advantage card discount from Greyhound. Check it out (and while you're looking at companion discounts, look into Amtrak's free fare for college visits):
Greyhound Bus Schedules and Stations
Riding the BusSit back and let someone else do the driving. While you're packing for a bus trip, remember a few goodies to make your trip twice as fun:
- Bring a book -- get a discount on one from Barnes and Noble with your Student Advantage Card -- you can rotate between a potboiler and a travel guidebook.
- Bring a pocket sized road atlas -- see where you're headed or copy it into your journal with notes on what towns looked like (Greyhound passes through some small town Americana)
- Bring a travel journal -- you can get a nice travel journal with preprinted spaces, or just use pocket sized spiral notebooks (buy at any superstore, grocery store or drugstore)
- Crucial: get a cheap little bitty book light for reading on the bus after dark-- illuminate your pages without disturbing other passengers
- Bring a decent sized travel shoulder bag or small backpack instead of a purse (or nothing) on board with you -- you can carry food, water, guidebooks, journal, camera, cell phone... everything you need to stay entertained and busy.
Enjoy the bus trip!
When you're traveling, you are what you are right there and then...no yesterdays on the road.
--William Least Heat Moon, Blue Highways