Carry a student ID of any kind and you're likely to find discounts at Paris sites charging admission, too.
- Cimetiere Mairie de Paris Pere Lachaise, 75020, Paris
- Parc de la Villette, 75019 Paris
3. Hit the Paris BeachJuly-August, sand is loaded onto a bank of the Seine to create the "Paris Plage" along the road and river from Ile St. Louis to the Jardin des Tuileries. Umbrellas, concerts... park a picnic on this man-made beach to meet people and lounge. Remember that the Seine's water is not fit for swimming, though. Rouse yourself long enough to watch a wild bike ride-parade-street happening near nearby Hotel de Ville on summer Friday nights.
- Jardins des Tuileries - Ile St. Louis, 75001 Paris
4. Fashion GawkLoiter on fashion aves Rue de Faubourg St. Honore ("Much to buy with lots of money," writes Paris Digest) or nearby Avenue Montaigne to see what really rich people are wearing. Wow. Even the most avowed non-fashionista will get a kick out of watching shoppers here -- check out feet for views of shoes that could stop a man's heart in more ways than one. Get a drink afterwards at an Avenue des Champs-Elysees cafe. Quick.
- Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honore, 75008 Paris
The free Friday nights for younger folks might be a good time to visit the Louvre if you want to miss the Da Vinci Code crowd that's been descending on the Louvre since summer 2006.
- 34, Rue du Louvre, 75001 Paris
Enjoy the free things to do in Paris!