Where to Buy Sample Sized Travel Stuff
- Minimus.biz - Minimus offers tons o' products in small travel sized tubes, packets, and containers of three ounces or less, perfect for travel packing in view of new airport rules. Find individual packets of everything from salad dressing to laundry soap, with some hard-to-find brand names like Kiss My Face toiletries. Get small packets of drugs like Tylenol, too -- and remember that a small plastic aspirin tube can be refilled with any aspirin-sized tablets of your own (do bring prescription drugs in their labeled prescription bottles, though).
- TravelSizeBrands.com - Travel Size Brands offers a smallish selection of brand named basic liquid and gel toiletries in sample sized tubes, like Colgate, Pantene and Suave.
- Grocery and drug stores have a small section, usually near toiletries, with sample sizes of laundry detergent, toothpaste, shampoo and the usual basic toiletries. You can also often find travel (small or folding) toothbrushes here, as well as clear plastic tubes and jars into which you can squeeze your own liquids and gels to save more than a few cents. Get the small, resealable (like Ziploc style) plastic bags required for airport security packing that are tougher than sandwich or freezer bags in this section, too (Goody makes some sweet ones) -- use 'em for smart packing to see what's in your bag at a glance.
More Packing TipsRead more travel packing tips and tricks:
- Packing Light and Smart
- How to Pack for Airport Security
- Travel Cash Stashing - Money Belts and More
- TSA Locks and Checked Baggage
- Flashpacker Packing
- How to Avoid Lost Luggage
- Information hub: How to Prepare for Air Travel
Stay up to date on the latest airport security rules, pack smart and light, and then enjoy the trip!
If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness, and fears.Return to Packing | Return to Travel Gear | Return to Student Travel