Where are student travelers heading in the good ole US? A recent poll by Smartertravel.com shows that students' twelve favorite US cities have much in common - they're large, have interesting histories and plenty to see and do, including awesome music scenes.
Top Twelve Cities for Student Travelers
1. New York - bright lights, big city
- can't resist this: take a bite out of the Big Apple! What to see and do? Find out from Heather Cross, About Guide to New York City for Visitors
Seasons in New York City
Current Month in New York City
One Day Tour of New York City
NYC Travel Planner
How To Get Discount Broadway Tickets
Best of New York City
Plan Your Trip to NYC
New York City Basics
New York City Maps
Attractions & Landmarks
Bars, Music & Nightlife
Holidays, Seasons & Events
Hotels in New York City
Chelsea Hostel and Chelsea neighborhood photos
Museums in NYC
New York City Restaurants
New York Pictures
Shopping in New York
Tours of New York City
Practical and Eclectic Guides to New York City
2. Las Vegas - the city that never stops. Sin City. Family fun. Circuses. Racetracks. Amusement parks. Mountain bike riding. Night life that goes on all day, too. Pirates. Fabulous art. Cheap dives and fantastical luxury hotels. About Guide to Las Vegas for Visitors, Zeke Quezada, tells you all about it. Viva Las Vegas!
Las Vegas for Visitors
Adult Entertainment - includes the top seven ways to get in trouble in Las Vegas!
Hotels and Casinos
Planning Your Trip
Las Vegas Wedding - but what will you tell Mom and Dad?
Maps of Las Vegas
Shows - the Blue Man Group rules
Practical and Eclectic Guides to Las Vegas
"Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson's classic
3. Orlando - there is a lot more here than Disney World! Theresa Johnston, About Guide to Orlando, gives us the sunny side up inside story.
Florida Web Cams
Monthly Events Calendar
Walt Disney World
Arts and Entertainment
Cities and Government
Community & Interests
Education & Libraries
Food, Drink & Nightlife
Health & Fitness
Shopping and Services
Sports and Recreation
See some other Orlando visitor's guides and tips from Dawn Henthorn, About Guide to Florida for Visitors.
4. Los Angeles - surfing, shopping, sun and stars (of the silver screen variety, that is). LA is a mecca for people watching and adventure for the young and young at heart. Let's get an insider's glimpse of the City of Angels from Kayte Deioma, About Guide to Los Angeles Travel, and Shana Tang Lipton, About's Guide to Los Angeles life.
Compare and Review Water Parks in So Cal
Photo Tours - Greater Los Angeles Area
Los Angeles Day Tours - Sightseeing Fun
Los Angeles Restaurant Reviews
Los Angeles Weather Forecasts
Fun Things To Do - Day Trips
Dining - Drinks - Recipes
Lodging / Hotels
Pictures - Photos - WebCams
Shopping - Malls-Districts
See some other Los Angeles visitor's guides and tips from Betsy Malloy, About Guide to California for Visitors.
Eclectic and Practical Los Angeles Guidebooks and Maps
5. San Diego - named in 1602 after a Spansh explorer's ship, San Diego is a sunny slice of paradise. About Guide to San Diego, Inigo Figuracion, gives us a tour.
San Diego Concerts
The Top 10 Shopping Malls
About and Around San Diego
Visiting the City
Entertainment and the Arts
Sports and Recreation
Uniquely San Diego
See some other San Diego visitor's guides and tips from Betsy Malloy, About Guide to California for Visitors.
Eclectic and Practical San Diego Guidebooks and Maps
6. Chicago - the Windy City is the home of some fine music and famous steak and chop houses. Take a tour and finds the cool tunes, hot restaurants and the town's shady ganster past with Virginia Soto, About Guide to Chicago.
Chicago on a Budget
Al Capone / Gangsters
Food / Drink
History / Research
Newspapers, Radio, TV
Sports / Team Venues
Travel / Tourism
Eclectic and Practical Chicago Guidebooks
Please go to the next page to read about San Francisco, New Orleans, Washington, D.C., Miami, Boston and Austin.
Return to Student Travel Destinations category - Return to Student Travel