Question: When is Spring Break?
Answer: Aside from spring, of course, when is spring break? Spring break actually starts for some schools in mid February and starts as late as the second week in April for a few, but most schools take spring break in March. So -- if asking, "When is spring break 2012?" do ya actually want to know when the big weeks are? Answer: March 5-23, 2012: unlike earlier years, weeks when the biggest number of students are out this year is quite evenly spread over those three weeks of March. (See the numbers - "When is Spring Break 2012" - below for detail on spring break 2012 dates and number of humans.) And where will those humans be? Check that out, too:
- Hottest Spring Break Destinations 2012
- Alternative Spring Break Ideas
- 2012 Spring Break Ski Trips
- Gay Spring Break
- Spring Break Without a Passport
When is Spring Break?Tripsmarter.com has put together all the data on spring break 2012 dates and corresponding number of humans on break in a given week (a few of the many colleges on spring break in those weeks are noted). You can use it to find out when your own college's spring break is, or when you might want to take a self-prescribed vacation to join (or avoid) the most revelers.
- February 20-24, 2012 -- 251,000 students (Universite du Quebec, University of Toronto, University of Waterloo)
- February 27 - March 2, 2012 -- 263,000 students (Georgia State University, U of Michigan at Ann Arbor, U of Ottawa, Universite de Montreal)
- March 5-9, 2012 -- 1,214,900 students (Ball State, Central Michigan U, Florida State University, Michigan State U, Penn State [Pennsylvania State University], U of Central Florida, U of Florida, U of NC at Chapel Hill, Université de Montréal, Gonzaga, U of Central Florida, MSU [Michigan], U of Virginia, U of Wyoming)
- March 12-16, 2012 -- 1,112,500 students (U of Arizona, Colorado State U [CSU Fort Collins], Gonzaga, Harvard, ISU [Illinois State], Indiana State at Bloomington, Iowa State U, Montana State U [Bozeman], New York University, Ohio State University, Purdue, Texas A&M, Tulane, U of Alabama, U of Georgia, U of Houston, U of Idaho, U of Iowa, U of Kentucky, U of New Mexico, U of North Dakota, U of Rhode Island, U of South Carolina, U of Texas, Utah State, Washington State, U of Waterloo)
- March 19-23, 2012 -- 1,321,000 students (ASU [Arizona State U], Arkansas State, Clemson, Kansas State U, Kent State, Oklahoma State, Princeton, Purdue, Rutgers, U of Arkansas, U of Cincinnati, U of Hawaii, U of Maryland, U of Massachusetts, U of Oklahoma, U of St. Thomas [Virgin Islands], U of Tennessee, Wellesley, U of Wisconsin Milwaukee, Wichita State)
- March 26-30, 2012 -- 500,002 students (CSU Pueblo, University of Colorado [UC Boulder], Idaho State University, OSU [Oregon State University], San Diego State, UC Berkely [California], U of Delaware, U of Missouri-Columbia, U of Oregon, West Virginia University)
- April 2-6, 2012 -- 100,000 students (Augusta State, U of Wisconsin, Binghamton)