The Bottom Line
- Lightweight workhorse (6.25 ounces)
- Plenty o' pockets
- Sizes M-L only
- Double fabric layer on shoulders and back yoke.
- Two front flap pockets with velcro closures (great for guidebook and journal).
- Zippered chest pocket (love this for a camera USB cord).
- Hook-and-loop chest pocket (perfect pen place).
- Two front hand-warmer pockets.
- Interior mesh pocket (cell phone and camera catcher).
- Interior zippered pocket (wallet hideout).
- Interior sunglass pocket (tad narrow for easy accessibilty, but good post-sundown stash spot).
- 100% silky Island cotton; machine washable.
Guide Review - Woolrich Women's Travel Vest
At 22", it's about waist length and could pass for a regular vest -- closer inspection reveals a host of travel specific goodies. I tried to overstuff the vest, of course, as is my wont (not as part of any sophisticated clothing evaluation -- simply lazy stuffing tactics) -- even I was challenged by the seven pocket possibilities.
The thin extra layer of cloth over the shoulders didn't cushion my pack strap at all, but a moderately heavy purse burden would be eased. The full mesh interior keeps you surprisingly cool, though an open back yoke would be a nice air conditioning bonus. With the vest zipped and my hands in some of the pockets, I got some real warmth out of it on nippy nights. All told, you'll be a well-equipped, comfy traveler in this vest.
Works well with: