Question: When is Spring Break in Florida?
Answer: When is spring break in Florida? You need to know because (1) you want be in FLA when the action is hottest, or (2) you want to avoid it like the plague, or (3) you want to know when spring break in Florida is for Florida colleges. The answer differs depending on the question, of course. So, get the dates to answer, "When is spring break in Florida?" below, as well as finding out where the most popular spring break spots in Florida are. March 5-23, 2012 (pretty evenly spread out, numbers-wise) are the key spring break dates across the United States and thus when the largest number of universities will be on break. "Spring break" can be any time between the end of February and the middle of April -- depends on the school. There is no one week when the entire country's colleges simultaneously disgorge students onto the beach. See the exact spring break dates and the approximate number of students who may out on break everywhere during any one week, and then keep scrolling for the next part of the question ("When is spring break in Florida for Florida universities?").
When is Spring Break in Florida for Florida Schools?Caveat: check with your school -- dates for spring break in Florida can always change according to school calendars. This is the most current info we've got for 2012 dates for the big schools with spring break in Florida: March 5-9:
- Florida State University (FSU)
- Florida Atlantic University (FAU - Spring break lasts until March 16) - 26,000
- Florida A&M University (FAMU) -13,000 students
- University of Central Florida - 48,500
- University of Florida - 50,000
- Florida International University - 39,000
- University of North Florida - 15,000
- University of South Florida - 34,000
- University of West Florida - 10,500
More on Spring Break in FloridaSo, where do you want to be for the best spring break in Florida? Get the scoop:
- Spring Break in Florida Part 1: On this page, learn about Key West (cool), Daytona Beach (gradually going the way of the dinosaur) and South Beach.
- Spring Break in Florida Part 2: All about spring break in Panama City, still a pretty welcoming and pretty place for spring break in Florida.
- Spring Break in Fort Lauderdale: No, no no no -- don't go. They don't want you. They hate spring break. May want to stay far, far away from Fort Lauderdale at spring break if you're between 18-22.
- Gay Spring Break in Key West
- Hottest Spring Break Destinations 2012
- Alternative Spring Break Ideas
- 2012 Spring Break Ski Trips
- Gay Spring Break
- Spring Break Without a Passport