Found two on my sheet!
- I've Bern itchin for three days now and i was at my wits end this evening. So I decided to hunt whatever has been biting me down! Sure enough I found two very very tiny bed bugs. I was kind of hoping it wasn't bed bugs when I was getting bit. I told my fiancé and he thought I was crazy to think we had them! Well tonight I proved him wrong! I have a 2 year old in the next room who occasionaly takes naps in our bed! So Im worried I'll never be able to het rid of them because I hear they are pesky little creatures!!! HELP!!
- —Guest Irritated scratcher
How I denied them of their blood meal
- We have not been bitten ever since April 2009 when we started sleeping under bright florescent ceiling lamp that was left on when we sleep. Bed bugs hate bright lights so they travel in the dark or in shadows. If you can deny them of both, their activities are significantly reduced.
- —Guest ironcouch
- Pharmacist advises never to cover yourself with a woollen blanket if it is on the bed when staying in hotel accommodation, etc, as they are the biggest breeders of bed bugs. Also, try and cover yourself with sheet / duvet without your arms hanging out!!!!
- I first reacted to bed bugs when I stayed at the Thistle Hotel, Marble Arch, in London. I started itching on my hands during the afternoon after a night's stay, and by the evening I knew they were no ordinary bites. I had a row of them on one side of the hand, and one or two on the fingers. I had to take antibiotics, antihistamine, the lot, and it took weeks and weeks for them to go. Even today, 4 years later I can see very faint scars. Horrendous!! I had nothing then until Christmas 2009 when we stayed in a Holiday Inn Express in Phoenix, and again I had two on my hands. I took antihistame immediately, and it stopped them becoming aggressive. Latest was in Pisa, Italy, at Easter, and I had one on the side of my hand. GP advises to take antihistamine before travel and take them for the duration of the stay. I used to have a reaction to insect bites when I was young, and as I got older it was mosquito bites, now it's bloody bed bugs!!! Yuk Yuk.
Bed Bugs are a Problems
- I was in a Hotel near Khao San Road in Bangkok, Thailand, no point in telling you the name, all Hotels can get Bedbugs. Well, me and my Thai Girlfriend resorted to catching them and make pets of them in a plastic bag. Yes, they bite, you notice, and they leave a mark, not bloody, but a few good marks. We would be sleeping, feel a bite, jump up real quick, turn on the light and put the critters in our plastic bag. They are truly annoying, and the hotel was infested, I did not want to move becaues it was the only Hotel with Highspeed Internet. Well, when you are infested it is also negligent to move to the next Hotel and infest them. Two bottom lines, one is that Cockroaches eat Bedbugs, this was good to hear, because they are just creepy, they do not truly disturb. And second, the only truly way to get rid of Bedbugs from your Backpack clothes is to put in dryer. Or leave you clothes in the burning sun for about three day, I think drying in a dryer about three times would work, with s
- of course we don"t know where they came from... I"ve been bitten on my forearms mainly, my scars are like michael jackson, all pigmented w/ scars. it is really embarassing. like everyone else, i would not wish this on anyone. these little sh*ts are like demons, they will posess anyhing and anyone...I can feel them in my skin...I would wake up and see them crawling on my down comforter, i would squoosh them with i.d's, and they would have a peculiar foul oder. they say heat kills them, but i also watched a discovery "blood suckers" show and they said to freeze them with some sort of freezing agent (which probably excells to the heat but the victim(us) dont have to suffer any more than we have already...
- —Guest dg
yes, i have them...
- these bed bugs are the worst thing that had ever hapend to me, who would hav ever thought, me, having bedbugs, i am just now learning about them ... i hav had these little demons in my life for about a year i think two, i try and try to get my apartment sprayed but it never does anything, sure it stopps them for a nite or two but then they decide, " hey we gave them their brake itss time to go back to work" why did bugs like bedbugs hav to exist, i really dont even know how i got them to begin with. i have alot of friends in these apartments and alot of them are saying they get bit alot so this infestation of bedbugs is spreading around these whoole apartments. im afraid that these bugs will suck so much blood that me or a family member wil get a diseas, i really pray to god that wont hapen. i can feel them walking and i feel they mock us, i dont enjoy this AT ALL.i do not know at all how to get rid of them but ima keep trying to find out with my best friend,the internet..ihate bedbug
- —Guest bug hater
Bed bugs gone!!!!!!
- I have to say I had Bedbugs. The way I got rid of them is get 3 big bottles of Harris BedBug Killer It does have a slight smell to it but it is not as bad as other stuff you can spray. What I did is put 2 bed covers covering my box springs and the Mattress itself. This is Day 4 and I have not seen a Bed bug period not crawling around,nothing under the bed,nothing on the walls, No blood spots..etc. I will have to say once you pull your bed away from the wall,make sure nothing touches the floor from your bed IE bedspread sheet etc etc. I kept spraying the Harris and they are now gone. I can honestly sleep again!
- —Guest Bed Bug hater
lots of bites
- It sucked was at ramada main gate west in Orlando when it happened. My wife was awake and had one on her I guess the thing didn't wait for us to fall asleep thank goodness . But it was to late they had attacked me the night before but took a week for my bites to show up over 200 of them they bite then if you move they move like 1/6 of a inch then bite again really sucks
- —Guest jared
I think I have them
- I got a bite on my hand it turn red swelled and itched like mad. I was on a camping trip in a used fifth wheel. I am afraid I could have brought them into my home? Maybe the former owner sold it because it was infested? It has been a week now and bite looks infected. I believe part of these problems is all the illegals bring them in.I know this is not PC but I believe it is part of problem.
- —Guest Joni
My Worse Nightmare
- HELLO, WELL I AM GOING TO TELL THE WORLD HOW MUCH I HATE EVERY LIVING CRAWLING, FLYING INSECT. I HATE ALL OF THEM AND WISH THEY CAN ALL DIE.THEY MAKE ME SO SCARE. THE MOST THING THAT I HATE SO MUCH IS BEDBUGS.THEY ARE MY ENEMY.THEY BITE ME ALL THE TIME AND I GET SO FRUSTRATED AND BREAK DOWN AND CRY. I CAN'T TAKE THEIR BITES ANYMORE AND THEM BEING IN MY ROOM.I CAN'T EVN SLEEP AT NIGHT BECUASE I'M SCARE THAT THEY ARE GOIN TO COME TO SUCK MY BLOOD AND MAKE WELTS ON MY SKIN.PLUS THE MOST WORST PART OF ALL I CAN'T STOP SCRATCHING AND IT MAKES SCARS. THESE DISCUSSING CREATURES ARE MY WORST NIGHTMARE THEY ARE DESTROYING MY LIFE BECAUSE I'M SO SCARE OF THEM. I NEVR SAW ONE BEFORE UNTIL ONE DAY I WAS SITTING ON THE FLOOR I SAW ONE CRAWLING ON MY BED. I WAS SO MAD I TRIE TO SQUISH IT AND IT TRY TO RUN AWAY.AT THE END I GOT MY REVENGE BY KILLING IT. I WISH THEY CAN JUST LEAVE ME ALONE.SO I CAN JUST BE F . I EVN TRY SPRAYING EDBUG SPRAY BUT THET DIN'T WORK.THEY ARE I WISH THEY CAN JUST STOP BITING
- Great - looks like I've brought bed bugs home from Baltimore... $2600 matress that is only 2 years old. All my Summer clothes are out and around the room from packing and unpacking - ugh!!
- —Guest MT traveler
Little crawling horrors
- The baby has had little bumps for two days, and I'm thinking it was mosquitoes as were were outside those evenings and I didn't spray him down. And then this morning I wake up with all these quarter-sized, madly itching welts from the backs of my knees to almost all the way up into my business. I have never seen the like on my body in my life, and I've had chicken pox and bad poison ivy. I have rubbed baking soda onto damp skin for a little relief, and gotten the benadryl spray, but it sticks to everything and comes off when I sit. Ordered the big ziplock bags to store all the linens and clothing in after hot-laundering everything, ordered bug proof covers for the mattresses, pillows and box springs, and will start getting estimates from the bug people beginning tomorrow. This place is going to be a war zone until further notice, and when hubby comes back home he and all his stuff will be going through decontamination procedures. Meanwhile, I FLIPPING ITCH.
- —Guest Denise
i hate them things!!!!!!!!!
- unfortunatly, i've been encountered with bed bugs!! i gotta say, they are the nastiest little creatures i've ever seen. i fell alseep on the ground at my mom's house one night and the next mourning i noticed red bumps all over my body. i was bitten at least fifty times. they were very itchy!!! they went away after a week or so..
- —Guest hustle
They can really cause damage
- I mostly have bedbug bites on my torso, but also on my arms, ankles, neck, and calf. The worst ones are in and around my armpit. Elsewhere I have series of bites that form lines on my body. My gf thought the lines were beginning to look like cryptic symbols haha. I have lines on my chest, neck, and around my waist line (front and back) where my belt would be. I must have at least 100 bites throughout my body. It's been like three weeks now and the scars/bites are on vaguely showing signs of disappearing. I haven't applied any scar healing creams yet because up until now I've been too focused on finding the best itch relief cream. I recommend benadryl extra strength for insect bites. Now that itching has mostly subsided, I need to quickly deal with healing my scars.
- —Guest Luke